Thursday, June 19, 2008

save the polar bears

I signed up as a Greenpeace member again. Somehow I got talked into being a monthly contributor. It's not that I have any problem with what they do. I believe in their goals but I guess I wonder if there's any hope for saving the polar bear, for instance. I mean, is there any chance we can prevent the icecaps from completely melting?

Maybe my monthly $15 would be better spent going to a local food bank or something else that can actually make a difference.

2 comments:

Scott said...

probably as a result of our upbringing, there seems a tone of guilt associated with your participation in greenpeace versus food bank. Polar bears tug your heart strings, no reason to feel guilty about that. It is possible that the polar bears will survive...

the 15$ at the food bank would probably feel more tangible, knowing that it buys several meals... their 'mascot' is nowhere as cute as a polar bear though.

Christian Gregory said...

I agree with Ogre. The working poor aren't cute, in general.

Has anybody seen KungFu Panda yet?

ceb